Thursday, October 4, 2007

Words

I periodically read through the waiting family profiles on the Bethany Website. When i see new couples and read -- it amazes me some of the things they put. Maybe mine was like that too, I do not remember but lordy if we adopt again - it will be different! One I just read said that the reason for adopting was to support a birthmom --- this couple had a bio child and could conceive but felt the need to be there for a needy woman and her baby. Really? I know they have good intentions but if I were going to select a needy cause I am thinking orphans in Haiti or feeding the hungry --- I guess to me domestic infant adoption is just not something I feel is a needy cause --- well maybe it could be - i always felt like the needy one - the weak one that could not have a baby -- I don't know I just can not imagine thinking I did this great thing for Goldielocks by being there to take and parent her baby -- by far us being placed with baby bear has been the wonderful thing -- I guess I just never looked at goldilocks as needing us, yeah God had a plan and it was no accident us finding each other at the perfect time -- no doudt it was meant to be in everyway --- maybe my ramblings are not making sense I guess it just irritates me that adoption agencies are NOT doing a great job of educating these families on the realities of adoption and these couples are walking around with their heads in the clouds actually thinking they are doing some wonderful unselfish act --- and I know being a mom in general is a wonderful unselfish act -- but the act of adoption itself really isn't - I just wish these families had a clearer view of this -- o.k. thats all -- going to bed!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ugh! I hear you. IMHO Birthmoms and/or adoptees should not be treated like a charity case.

Erin said...

yeah :(

I can't imagine honestly feeling like adoption was charity.

Not only that, but where the heck are their social workers to correct that! They have to approve our letters and stuff, why on EARTH wasn't that addressed.

Anonymous said...

YEAH,ok so I am a birthmom and if I read that the reason they wanted to adopt was to help a needy pregnant woman out, oh I so don't see me chosing them as parents for my child.. What in the heck are these people thinking putting that crap in their profile? and like Erin said, why on earth would that profile been approved? Honestly, the a-parents need more, more education on adoption. It is NOT a merry-go round and just a happy little thing that goes on and takes place and that's it. Its more than that. :-(