Monday, February 22, 2010

adoption loss part two

hello, i just wanted to clarify from my adoption loss post- a few things.

My secret wish is that my children have no issues with their adoption and never feel a loss from it, I am a very optimistic and naive person and on a daily basis I have so much joy with my children, but, after doing lots of reading I realize some adoptive children have issues with loss, so really i have had to jump off my cloud a little and just acknowledge it, and its hard. the book Primal Wound was hard hard for me to read, just imagining that baby I had brought home was hurt and confused, as a mom I never want to see my kids hurting and after a few years I am finally o.k. with the notion. But just wanted to say that's only a small part of my life now and in years to come we will see how it goes, this is the only place I feel secure enough to really talk about all sides of adoption so i hope i don't come off as too dark or gloomy, cause really my life is sometimes too sweet for even me to believe. thanks for all the comments I LOVE the feedback!

5 comments:

birthmothertalks said...

I think it's good that you are aware of the fact that your children could feel a loss. I wonder at what age can children express themselves. Sometimes, my nine year old can't quite tell me what's wrong.

Kate said...

It had never even occurred to me that the baby would be hurt and confused... something worth thinking about for sure!

~ICLW

Rebecca said...

A very thoughtful post. I think what scares me about becoming a parent the most is the fear of my children feeling hurt -- no matter how they came into my life. Thanks for stopping by!

Kristin said...

I think it says a lot about you as a mom and women that you are so concerned about the long lasting effects of adoption on your kids...but then, all good moms worry about their kids. I guess all I'm trying to say is you are a good mom and, if your kids have any issues about adoption, I'm sure you will help them work it out.

~ICLW

Eva said...

Thanks for your honesty. I'm looking forward to reading your blog.