Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A bit about me....

Just wanted to give a quick intro for all those stopping by for the first time! I know I love it when I stop by blogs and they do this so here goes.... I am a 37 year old wife and mother of two beautiful children - a daughter that came to us through open domestic adoption from the hospital and a son that came to us through closed domestic adoption at 3 weeks old. Baby bear - my daughter will be 3 in July and Brother Bear will be one in May. I love being a mom, it is crazy but I like it , we are currently discussing number 3 and trying to decide on adoption or trying to concieve again - either way it will be a wild ride I am sure, but I like having my kids close together so I am about ready to get something going! Random things about me are I drive a car that is way too big - it is a Hummer H2 with a big ole lift (we really were looking for a mini-van and it just kinda feel in our laps), I have two inside Rotweillers that are 8 years old that were and are my first kids and they are just amazing and gentle creatures, I own a small preschool, I have a degree in elementary ed and an advance degree in Child and Family Studies, I am a christian and truely believe that God is gracious and wonderful and has a plan for us all, also Goldilocks is baby bears first mom and I have a link to her blog and she responds to my posts on here often incase that interests anyone-- well thanks for stopping by!!!

14 comments:

Rebekah said...

I didn't know about the Hummer! :)

I think about you often as I get closer and closer with her birthmom. I remember when I first came across your blog last year (you had just gotten brother bear) and I saw all the picture of you and baby bear's birthmom. I couldn't imagine ever being that close to a woman giving me her child....

And, here, a year later I find myself in your same shoes. I love Rebekah with everything in me and I know she'll be one of my best buds for life!

Thought I'd share! Thanks for being an inspiration to us!

LL said...

Gosh, #3??!! How exciting! May God lead you in this journey!

Ruth said...

I love the Easter pics!!! You got some really good ones. :)

Beverly said...

I have found out so much today - my head is still spinning!
I can't wait to see what else unfolds in our lives. Thanks for reaching out and sharing. I know that we will be both be blessed by it!
Much love!
Bev

Kristin said...

Good luck going for #3. We are contemplating TTC #4. Your children are absolutely beautiful.

~ICLW

Gina said...

Happy ICLW

You have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

your children are gorgeous!

iclw

Jill said...

Happy ICLW! Looking forward to learing more about you :)

just me, dawn said...

what a beautiful family you have. I wish you the best as you expand it again :)
ICLW

Beautiful Mess said...

Happy ICLW! Adorable pictures of your Easter weekend! Good luck with adding another bear to your family.

Heather said...

I never knew you owned a preschool! See, you learn something new about bloggy friends everyday. :)

..al said...

The Hummer is awesome!

Could not help but notice the pics of your babies...they are beautiful!

Wishing them a lot of love and blessings!


And you guys...onwards!


*ICLW*

GeekByMarriage said...

Beautiful family!

What would the newest bear be called?

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Happy ICLW! Beautiful Easter pics!