Sunday, November 23, 2008

For this child I prayed

I was just thinking about this scripture and how much I love it---For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me 1 Sam. 1:27. So this got me thinking about birth annoucements for Brother Bear, we did one for Baby bear when she was about a month old, well this time around things were so sudden and we have been busy, but, we are about to finalize his adoption so I thought about sending out an announcement - do you think it is silly since he is already 6 months old. I already feel like we have skipped so much on the second kid - gosh I hate not to do this too- hmmmm any ideas- or any personal experiences?

14 comments:

Christy said...

I didn't to them for our first because I wasn't sure what to do. I think it would be a great time to do it - let everyone know he is forever yours!

Beautiful Mess said...

That's beautiful! I don't think that 6 months is "too late" at all. Like you said, it's been busy havin the 2nd little one around. And it was so quick. He's your beautiful boy and you want everyone to know, nothing wrong with that!
Enjoy your day,
hugs,
-D

Anonymous said...

sure, why not do it? so what if he's 6 months old. I think it would still be appropiate.

LL said...

No personal experience yet...but I have had friends that have waited until finalization to send out announcements. You could put both dates on the announcement, one for the birth, one for finalization.

Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

I think you should do an announcement because the adoption is final. What adorable little bears you have!

Here from ICLW.

smartypants said...

I think that an announcement for the finalization of his adoption would be very appropriate!
ICLW

Amy said...

I don't think its too late. I'm sure all your friends and family would love to receive one.

ICLW

Ruth said...

I don't think it's too late. I have received ones "that late" even from families with their first. I didn't send any out for Nadia although I planned to...but I will include a photo of her with our Christmas letter. I don't have any experience since I'don't have two children, but EVERYONE says they take fewer pictures etc with the 2nd so you're totally normal! :-)

Melba said...

I don't think it's too late at all...this is a great opportunity to send out a special announcement just for him!

Kristin said...

I don't think 6 months is too late. There are many things I wish I had done with my 2nd and 3rd. Don't let this slip by.

ICLW

Michelle said...

I don't think 6 months is too long. I think it is a great idea!

IdleMindOfBeth said...

I agree that sending them now is certainly appropriate! And I like LL's idea of using both his birh date and the finalization date!

ICLW

Erin said...

I don't think it's too late. I agree with some of the other comments put both dates on it, his birthday and his adoption day.

Best of luck with your new little one! ICLW.

Mrs.Joyner said...

I adore baby annoucements, no matter how old the child is. My parents did mine when I was over 1 year old when my adoption was finalized, and I still have one framed in my house now that Im an adult...Also, may I just say, your children are beautiful and your son looks JUST LIKE you!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mrs. Joyner

PS: Here from ICLW