Monday, June 2, 2008

All about me



so this NCLM ( NaComLeavMO) has been really neat! I have loved going to all the blogs and reading everyones story and then I saw a post that I wanted to copy. It was an introduction post that made me feel like I knew the person right away-- So I figured I would just kinda tell my story as to give you an idea of who I am. My blog mostly is about adoption - open adoption. My dh and I tried to get pregnant since we got married, for 5 years we have had no success - we are in the "unexplained" category. After we did IVF we decided to take a break and pursue adoption. We were all approved except for our final home visit in August of 2005 and then Katrina hit and caused major damage to our home, which postponed our home vistit while we lived in a camper in our drive way for 6 months or so. We were approved in Feb. 2006 and after a few turns and twists we were chosen in May 2006 by Goldilocks. We met her and had an instant connection and became close before baby arrived. My husband and I were at the hospital and were in the room with Goldilocks and Baby Bear lots and we really all connected and decided we would be open with things. Since then we have had visits and have had Goldielocks in our home for extended visits. It is a relationship that some have a hard time understanding and even I at some time have a hard time wrapping my brain around it - but it is a connection that is like no other I have ever had - she gave birth to my daughter, my wonderful daughter and I will always be connected to her.
As for now in 2008, we are a waiting family with the same agency we adopted Baby Bear through and are in the midst of deciding if we want to embark on any more fertility treatments before I am too old... and that is basically it in a nutshell! I hope to get to know lots of you more and thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog!

20 comments:

alicia said...

I love your adoption story! And I soo believe in open adoptions if the parents are healthy! That is so great that you are able to provide that for your daughter! Thanks for sharing and thanks for your comment!

DC said...

This is a great story! :)

I'm sorry your house sustained damage in Hurricane Katrina. As if infertility isn't hard enough on its own, you had to have a bloody hurricane barrel through your home?!? That really sinks.

Heather said...

Nice idea for a post. I had no idea about you and Katrina! I think I must have started reading shortly after Baby Bear was born.

JW Moxie said...

I love your story and hope that whichever future avenues you pursue will also be successfull!

One of my good friends has an open adoption and also has a great relationship.

Jendeis said...

What a wonderful adoption story! Your daughter is so precious!

Miss Feisty said...

We would love to do a domestic adoption! You are so fortunate to have such a great relationship with Goldilocks. Was it a very long process?

tryingin2007 said...

what an amazing and remarkable story. thanks for sharing. your daughter is beautiful!!! :)

it's a great idea to create an introduction post. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Kim said...

What a great story. I think open adoption is great for all involved. We are on the waiting list for South Korea and I a little sad already b/c I know that there is so much about her birth parents that I will not be able to share with her Congrats on going for #2! NCLM

Michelle said...

I'm glad that we've met through NCLM...looking forward to reading more :)

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Your adoption story brought tears and I loved it loved it loved it.

Thanks for sharing.

Mara said...

I also love your adoption story! It's truly amazing that you can provide that connection for your daughter and for the woman who gave birth to her!

Your daughter, by the way, is beautiful!

I wish you luck in future adoptions, and with any further fertility treatments you chose to have!

(here through NCLM)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Wow, what a truly wonderful story. Thanks for the "summary post". That Baby Bear sure is a cutie!

NaComLeavMo ROCKS!

LL said...

Great story! Thanks for posting the recap! Best wishes with growing your family

Momma Mary said...

What a great story! Open adoption isn't as easy as everyone would like to make it. I think you're wonderful to do it!

I've been meaning to tell mine, but so far it has been 'unpublished' so it's hard to tell. People I know IRL read, and even they don't know the whole of it.

Portia P said...

Hi there

Found you via nacomleavmo.

I love your story and am so pleased that you had a happy ending. Sorry about the hurricane though - must have been scary.

Your daughter looks gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing

PPx

Erin said...

What a neat story. Good luck with whatever path you take to more children!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of open adoption. A friend of mine did something similar, though not a true "closed" nor "open" adoption. I cannot imagine how difficult creating that relationship and trust must be.

Congrats. Here from NCLM.

Anonymous said...

God is good all the time!What a blessing you have been to me! Love you! :-)

JuliaS said...

That is an amazing story and a gorgeously sweet and cute little "ending". :0)

Good wishes to you!

NCLM

Busted said...

Thanks for sharing your full story! Best of luck with your next adoption.

NCLM