so I am open to suggestions! I feel like I need to read a book and relax more at night before bed -- so I am looking for some ideas so please let me know if you have read a good one lately -- Thanks!!!!
Not sure what kind of books you like, but Debbie Macomber is a series that I just love! It's the Blossom Street series. The first one is called the Shop on Blossom Street and is about a group of 4 gals from all walks of life who meet in a knitting class and how they are so different, but form a great friendship none of them expected. It's an easy read and makes you feel good. There are 3 more in the series that I'm sure you'll want to read after you're done with the first!
I just finished "Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs and it was pretty good. I also really love Jodi Picult books, in particular "My Sister's Keeper" if you haven't read that. And I would also recommend, "To Dance With the White Dog," "She's Come Undone," "The Lovely Bones," and "The Secret Life of Bees." Gees...I could go on! I hope you find something you enjoy.
I love anything by Nora Roberts. Although, right now, I'm reading the "Narnia" series. I know a lot of people read this in school, but I didn't. So, I'm reading them right now and I LOVE them! If you find something you love, let me know. I'm going to need a good book soon! Enjoy your day, -D
I'm in the middle of The Shack by William Paul Young -- GREAT book! I didn't read the back, someone from my church recommended it, so I picked up a copy.
thanks everyone-- I am actually reading The Shack - just started last night so far so good! I am writing all the suggestions down and going to the library- thanks again!
Wow, alot has happpened since I checked in here last. Your family is BEAUTIFUL and I am so happy for all of you. You deserved to have such a wonderful year.
9 comments:
Not sure what kind of books you like, but Debbie Macomber is a series that I just love! It's the Blossom Street series. The first one is called the Shop on Blossom Street and is about a group of 4 gals from all walks of life who meet in a knitting class and how they are so different, but form a great friendship none of them expected. It's an easy read and makes you feel good. There are 3 more in the series that I'm sure you'll want to read after you're done with the first!
I just finished "Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs and it was pretty good. I also really love Jodi Picult books, in particular "My Sister's Keeper" if you haven't read that. And I would also recommend, "To Dance With the White Dog," "She's Come Undone," "The Lovely Bones," and "The Secret Life of Bees." Gees...I could go on! I hope you find something you enjoy.
Melba
I love Jodi Picoult but can't leave one and go to sleep! I'm really into mysteries too but not everyone's cup of tea.
Dang it! We must be on the same brain wave again! I was going to send you a book to read for Valentine's Day, but guess I should sent it now.
I love anything by Nora Roberts. Although, right now, I'm reading the "Narnia" series. I know a lot of people read this in school, but I didn't. So, I'm reading them right now and I LOVE them! If you find something you love, let me know. I'm going to need a good book soon!
Enjoy your day,
-D
I'm in the middle of The Shack by William Paul Young -- GREAT book! I didn't read the back, someone from my church recommended it, so I picked up a copy.
Wow, this is teaching me!
Lea H.
Another vote for Jodi Picoult...she is really good!
Right now I am reading The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
thanks everyone-- I am actually reading The Shack - just started last night so far so good! I am writing all the suggestions down and going to the library- thanks again!
Wow, alot has happpened since I checked in here last. Your family is BEAUTIFUL and I am so happy for all of you. You deserved to have such a wonderful year.
Post a Comment